Wednesday, October 30, 2013

The Pit Test


Last night was awesome!  Great teaching followed by great discussion.  I think we all have a new appreciation for the purpose of the pit.  I honestly thought this was going to be a depressing study.  I found only a loving Father gathering His children unto Himself.  Be Blessed!  



The Pit Test – Study Notes
October 29, 2013

What is it in my character that God is trying to mold or shape to allow me to reach my destiny?

1.  The Position of the Pit

How did you get in this position?

If you are struggling with relationships ask – How do I present myself?
Pride says, “It’s not pride in me, it’s envy in them.”  We live in a blame society.  Even if you feel the issue is on the other side you need to ask this question because you may be the reason a bridge is not being built.   

If you are struggling with bondage ask – Am I blaming others?
Whether a financial bondage or a recurrent sin (Rom 7:15 “I don’t understand what I do. I don’t do what I want to do. Instead, I do what I hate to do.”) We need to take responsibility for our part. 

Joseph’s father gave him a gift.  Our father gives us gifts.  Joseph was proud of his gift so he lost it. 
            Is your identity in your gifting?
            Do you tell others about your gifting?
            Do you work your resume into conversations?
           
When Joseph repented he not only regained what he lost, but more importantly the relationship with his Father was restored.

2.  The Perspective of the Pit

When we fall in the pit often the first voice we hear is that of the accuser.  Let’s get God’s perspective on the pit.

Conviction – Is specific and constructive.  i.e.  You did this _____.  Here is what you need to do now________.

Condemnation – Is general and oppressive. i.e.  You are a bad person.  You will never accomplish anything.  God can’t use you.

GOD NEVER CONDEMS

John 3:17 “For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.” NIV

3.  The Purpose of the Pit

To deliver us.
To bring us back to the Father.

When Joseph was thrown into the pit he probably blamed everyone around him.  Once we stop kicking and spitting we will most likely come face to face with ourselves.

Jonah 2:2  “I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the LORD, and he heard me; out of the belly of hell cried I, and thou heardest my voice.” KJV

You may be sitting in a pit, but you don’t have to remain there.  Jesus went to the pit so we wouldn’t have to.  Cry out with sincere repentance and be restored to the Father.

To watch The Pit Test go to www.gatewaypeople.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment