Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Butt Prints

So, I bought a 3” memory foam topper for my bed. It was a big hit with the girls, especially my youngest Jessica. She disappeared in my room for a long time after announcing she was going to make “butt prints” on my bed. The first thing I thought of was rolling out of bed that morning hoping my “butt print” would fill in before anyone could see the impact I had made.
I remember the days when I would put my name on everything, preferably with a pink watermelon scented marker. I was not shy about showing off my artwork, singing a new song I wrote or walking up to a complete stranger and introducing myself. When did it change? Why did it change?
So many elements in our lives teach us to conform, but that was not the original plan. Don’t let people or circumstances put you in a box. You were uniquely made for a purpose. There is only one of you by design.
If you don’t know what your gifting is ask someone who loves you. You will be amazed to find that you are already impacting people by just being you. So take that gifting and multiply your impact by being purposeful with what you do. Ladies, this is the one instance where the bigger the “butt print” the better.

2 comments:

  1. Love this Bonnie. You definately have a gift and impact many lives in ways you don't even know. Thanks for including me in your blog!!

    ReplyDelete